Looking for some African travel quotes? You are not alone as a lot of travelers need some inspiration to travel quotes before, during, and after traveling. With lots of inspirational travelling quotes out there we have put together some of our top 20 African travel quotes that will make you fall in love with Africa.
Africa Travel Quotes
1.“If I have ever seen magic, it has been in Africa.” – John Hemingway
2.“The only man I envy is the man who has not yet been to Africa — for he has so much to look forward to.” – Richard Mullin
3. “There is something about safari life that makes you forget all your sorrows and feel as if you had drunk half a bottle of champagne – bubbling over with heartfelt gratitude for being alive” – Karen Blixen
5. “I never knew of a morning in Africa when I woke up that I was not happy” – Ernest Hemingway
6. “Africa has her mysteries, and even a wise man cannot understand them. But a wise man respects them” – Miriam Makeba
7. “I hope you have an experience that alters the course of your life because, after Africa, nothing has ever been the same” – Suzanne Evans
8. “You can’t hate the roots of a tree and not hate the tree. You can’t hate Africa and not hate yourself.” – Malcolm X
9. “Africa — You can see a sunset and believe you have witnessed the Hand of God. You watch the slope of a lioness and forget to breathe. You marvel at the tripod of a giraffe bent to water. In Africa, there are iridescent blues on the wings of birds that you do not see anywhere else in nature. In Africa, at the midday heart, you can see blisters in the atmosphere. When you are in Africa, you feel primordial, rocked in the cradle of the world.” – * Jodi Picoult
10. “It’s really beautiful. It feels like God visits everywhere else but lives in Africa.” – Will Smith
11. “To witness that calm rhythm of life revives our worn souls and recaptures a feeling of belonging to the natural world. No one can return from the Serengeti unchanged, for tawny lions will forever prowl our memory and great herds throng our imagination.” – George Schaller
12. “You cannot leave Africa, ” Africa said, “It is always with you, there inside your head. Our rivers run in currents in the swirl of your thumbprints; Our drumbeats counting out your pulse; Our coastline, the silhouette of your soul”. – Bridge Dore
I really would love to go on an African Safari, but our traveling has come to a halt lately. I hope that will return someday.
Thanks, Linda, we also miss seeing the big 5 on safari, travel will be back soon. Hope to hear that your travel plans to Africa are going well.
I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to visit Africa before Covid 19 isolated all of us to boredom. I can keep remembering and keep leafing through my incredible collection of photographs and wondering how lucky I have been, but I am hoping you get to have a similar experience before too long. Stay safe.
Thank you, Deborah, glad to hear you had the opportunity to visit Africa. Hope you will visit again soon Stay safe